What to Do at Night in Pune
Known as the Cultural Capital City of the state of Maharashtra, there are a lot of places that you can go to and a lot of things that you can do to enjoy your stay in the city of Pune. There are also quite a few places where you can dance away the night or to have a beer.
Pune is happy to oblige and nightlife here is bound to suit the taste of anyone looking to have some fun. Bars, resto-bars, night clubs are scattered across the city. Live music is popular in Pune with nearly all of the bars and night clubs having DJs and live bands playing regularly especially on Fridays and weekends.
You’ll find several shows that are held regularly at pubs and the clubs. Some of the most popular places are the likes of Club Polaris, 1000 Oaks Pub, the Aqua Lounge, Atrium, and Curve.Read More
10 Downing Street
One of the most popular pubs in this city and is also one of the oldest and therefore already has a name for itself. However do not expect to dance a lot as the place is rather small.
- Location: Gera Plaza on Boat Club Road
1000 Oaks at Pune Camp
Serving great Indian food and the signature Barman’s pitcher, 1,000 Oaks at Pune Camp is one of the most popular hangouts available in Pune. Efficient service, great music and an electronic dart board are their trademarks.
- Opening Hours: 12:30 to 15:00 PM & 19:30 – 24:30
- Address: 2417, East Street, Volga Chowk, Camp
- Tel: 020-26343194
Area 51’s advantage over other bars is that it can accommodate about 1,500 people at a time making it a popular haunt for creatures of the night. Ambience, lighting and décor are emphasised and the place looks and feels sensational. Good food and music round up loose ends if any.
- Opening Hours: 19:00 – 24:00
- Location: Pancard Clubs, Baner Road
- Tel: 09823257986
Chokhi Dhani Pune
This is a place where you can get really great Indian Food and there are a lot of small folk events which are held here that you can enjoy.
- Location: Ganga Retreat Countryside, off Pune Nagar Highway, Wagholi
- Tel: +912027051032
Hard Rock Café
Anyone looking for a time out, anyone who has tasted night life before will agree that the name is enough. Hard Rock Café in Pune is the 4th to open in India and provides a 120 seat restaurant, bar area as well as its signature Rock shop.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 to 23:30
- Address: 81/82 Pyramid Lawns, Koregaon Park Extension, Koregaon Park
- Tel: 020 4015 8811
- Price Range: Expensive
As the name quietly suggests, High Spirits is a bar guaranteed to lift your spirit with good food and great music. Their excellent choice of food as well as some innovative cocktails makes this a popular bar for anyone considering a night out.
- Opening Hours: 12:30 – 15:00, 19:30 – 24:30
- Address: 35A1, North Main Road, Koregaon Park
- Tel: 020-65250559, 09823855484
This is a bar where different generations of people hang out and the casual environment is good. The air-conditioned bar is a good place to chill out and fine décor and a good food and elegant music round it off to be a worthwhile place to spend a night out with friends and family alike.
- Opening Hours: 19:30 – 24:00
- Location: Range Hill Road, Ashok Nagar
- Tel: 020-25538339
Not Just Jazz by the Bay
A popular place among music lovers that serves great food, Not Just Jazz by the Bay provides an air-conditioned bar as well a soothing atmosphere to chill out. Several popular bands play here regularly.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 - 24:00
- Address: E Square, 132 A, University Road, Ganeshkhind
- Tel: 020-66044200, 09960287078
With an air-conditioned bar and great ambience and the in-house DJ Cawas playing Hip Hop, commercial and house music, this is a very popular bar.
- Opening Hours: 22:30 – 01:00
- Address: 11, Koregaon Park Road
- Tel: 020-66025555
Scream-The Club Le Meriden
This is a couple’s only club in the city and widely considered the best in town. It’s not too big and can fit in around 40 couples at a time and it is best to turn up pretty early. Drinks are not too cheap but due to the better crowd and the ambience, this is a place which is amazingly popular. The only downside is that there are too many bouncers.
- Address: Raja Bahadur Mill Road, Pune 411001
- Tel: 6050505/6050506
The cocktails offered by this bar are innovative and the music and ambience are unique and can be defined simply as electric. Efficient service, good food and music have made it a crowd puller since it was opened.
- Opening Hours: 19:00 – 01:00
- Location: Metro Traders Compound, Kalyani Nagar, Next to Bishop’s School
- Tel: 020-26681987
Soul Purpose is a great bar with an environment that facilitates a casual night out or maybe perhaps a business discussion as well. Whatever may be the purpose, Soul Purpose is an air-conditioned bar and the good food and music provides a great place to unwind.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 23:30
- Address: Deccan Rendezvous, 1202/03, Apte Road, Shivaji Nagar, Pune, 411004
- Tel: 020-30244477, 30244444